Meet Sharyn Cortez, Epiphany In-Home Services Family Support Specialist
October 30, 2015
1. How long have you been with Epiphany Center and what drew you to the agency? I started working for Epiphany on April 27, 2015 and it has been almost 6 months. I’ve always wanted to work with different families, especially children and Epiphany Center has given me the opportunity to do what I wanted. I get to meet families in all walks of life and enjoy knowing I can make a difference in their lives.
2. What is your favorite Epiphany Center memory or moment? I haven’t been here long enough but I really enjoyed the agency gathering that we had for the 163rd Anniversary. It was just great to see everyone enjoying themselves especially when we played a history trivia game in which everyone was teamed up with different employees from the various programs.
3. Of the five major Vincentian Values of Respect, Compassionate Service, Simplicity, Advocacy for the Poor, and Creativity, which one is your favorite to practice and why? No matter what the case is, I always show my clients respect. I believe that it helps my clients rebuild their confidence and it helps them strive to be better.
4. What or who inspires you? My family, my husband and my son keep me going every day.
5. What do you love most about working here in the city of San Francisco? The city of San Francisco is really diverse and its diversity had really helped me grow as a person and in the work that I do as well.
Image found here.