Five Ways to Liven up Your Summer Meals with Fresh Produce
June 16, 2014
This week, we mark National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month and Summer Solstice with five easy tips for including more fresh seasonal produce in your eating plan.
1. Wake up with Fruit: Make a habit of adding fruit – fresh, frozen, or dried – to your morning cereal, yogurt, or waffles.
2. Pizza Pizzazz: Top your pizza with lots of veggies. Try broccoli, spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini.
3. Fruit Bowl Beauty: Keep a pretty bowl of fruit on the counter for a fast snack. Some authorities claim that fresh, colorful fruit sitting on a counter may be as uplifting as seeing a vase of flowers.
4. Sneak ‘em in Sandwiches: “Sandwich” in fruit and vegetables. Liven up sandwiches with sliced green apple, cucumbers, peppers, pineapple, or tomatoes.
5. Smart Snack: Make a tray of cut up fresh fruit and vegetables and leave in the refrigerator.
Photo found here.